Sunday, October 5, 2008

how to lose a guy in 10 days


I've heard a lot about this movie - all good things too. And for some reason, it’s everyone’s favorite movie. So it was on TV the other day and I finally decided to watch it. This actually exceeded my expectations. How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days is a classic chick flick. I feel like this is one of the model movies that started the modern chick flicks.

I think the one that made this movie different from any other typical chick flick was that this movie was actually laugh out loud funny – and not only at one part, MANY PARTS. I was laughing multiple times in this movie and that kind of surprised me. Why was it funny? It was clever and witty. The dialogue was surprising and all the plots are so out there it is impossible to not laugh. For example, the whole movie is about a girl, Andie (Kate Hudson), trying to get her “boyfriend”, Ben (Matthew McConaughey), to dump her because that is what her brilliant magazine article is about. So, throughout the whole movie she does what every girl shouldn’t do during a relationship. The plots she makes up in order to get the boyfriend to dump her are ridiculous. In the picture shown above, the girl pretends to have a complete meltdown over their dead love fern. Really – this movie was hilarious, intimate, and yet suspenseful – all in one.

No comments: