Tuesday, November 11, 2008

piece by piece

Oh the rubix cube, how you have taken over the school. This short documentry has opened my eyes about the world and the rubix cube. I always knew that you can find out how to figure it out online, no matter what the size is. Which is probably how everybody in this movie learned, minus the Swedish guy.
But what I really learned was that there was actually a world of competitive "cubers." Who knew people actually did competitions? I was also surprised at how all these cubers eat, breath and sleep cubing. I don't this this is for me but i'm not amazed by how people can do it. But I am amazed when it comes to, how fast they can do it one handed and the "art" of doing it blind folded.
The Rubix Cube has become such a new media topic. It has been shown countless times on tv, such as Beauty and the Geek. Over all, I think the short did a good job showing what the Rubix cube is all about and how it is played today.

No comments: