Friday, December 12, 2008

best movie pretty much.


Good Will Hunting. First of all, thank you Gus Van Sant for showing something worthy of my praise and my time. First of all, I'll start with the title. Clever, very clever. I first read it, as if someone is hunting for a good will. Which would make sense in this movie. Will is constantly looking for something for him to live for. And then i read it, Will ( a good person) is hunting. If the title were to mean this, it would imply that deep instead this hard exterior, is a good guy searching for something. And then of course you have Willing Hunting, his name, is good. Which is kinda of vague.

Second of all, at first I thought this story plot was crazy. I wonder why a janitor would be a genius. And as the movie progressed, this movie became so twisted and interesting. The whole movie I wondered why someone so smart would want to stay in a dump. Gus Van Sant explained why perfectly. Not only did he cast perfectly, but he the screen play was, dare I say, almost flawless. Although this movie has it's funny times, the actors really bring out emotion. When Will (Matt Damon) yells and hugs Sean (Robin Williams) as if he were his first real father, that scene was beautiful. I can't really say anything else. This movie was amazing and had every theme a good film needs.

No comments: